Fidra was built at Bute Slip Dock Company in 1930 for William Wordie OBE TD, of 52 Cleveden Drive, Glasgow, a member of the Royal Northern Yacht Club from 1924, who also owned Fiumara the Mylne designed Aux Ketch and Froya an eight metre.
Mr Wordie sold Fidra in 1935 to Mr A R Keith Thomson. After his death she remained in Mrs Thomson's ownership until 1978, making one of the longest continuous period of one family's ownership to date.
Throughout she conformed to her original plan and her hull was painted red.
After being purchased by Walter Brown in 1978 she was converted for cruising at McGruers and her rig was modernised.
Since the 1980s Fidra has belonged to renowned double-bassist Rick Standley.